ZAM is organized to develop social, moral, literature, cultural, human resources, research develop and educational purpose. Zomi Association of Malaysia is established to elevate capability building in social community, community develop and welfare mission such as health care, social care, spiritual growth and moral support for the Zomi people in collaborating with social communities, and UNHCR.
- To assist the people who fled away from Burma; seeking for refuge regardless of race, religions and ideological differences.
- To facilitate the exchange of opinions and views on Information and to inform and promote educational and moral character development.
- To obtain information relating tovulnerabilities of their life.
- To disseminate education and promote literacy amongst the refugees and Zomis by means of newsletters, journals, circulars, publications, lectures, seminars, workshops, conferences or otherwise.
- To promote the unification of diverse Zomi nationals.
- To protect the rights of the refugee workers.
- To advocate human rights with gender balance in the social community the Zomis live in.
- To do all such other lawful things as are incidentalor conducive to the attainment of the above purposes.